Are you a talented, self-motivated Juniors knits apparel designer? Are you a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, open environment?
If this sounds like you, read on ...
Zumiez is currently looking for a qualified Designer to join our Private Label Design department. Zumiez Private Label is responsible for 13 unique brands spanning various categories including men's, women's, accessories, clothing, and skate/snow hard goods.
- Categories include Juniors Knit Tanks, Tops, Tees, Dresses
- Manage creative and technical development of product within merchandise assortment strategies
- Research seasonal trends, themes, color, raw materials and styling
- Collaborate with Buyers, Product Development, Technical Design, and Graphics to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity
- Assists in the development and coaching of the Associate and Assistant Designers
- Manage & execute product presentations
- Execute on a seasonal calendar
- Responsible for lab dips, handlooms, and knit downs approvals
- Responsible for creating detailed tech/ spec packs that illustrate design and construction details to overseas vendors
- Responsible for Bill of Material updates
- Responsible for sketch and lineplan updates
- Daily communication with venders on current and future production
- Domestic and international travel for trend and development
- Demonstrates high taste level and creative ability
- Proven design expertise within, or related to, the classification/category
- Strong understanding of textiles, garment construction, and pattern/fit
- Strong color/pattern development experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication and written ability
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and calendars
- Demonstrated proactive manner and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to research and apply market/fashion trend information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Computer efficiency on Word, Excel, and Illustrator. Knowledge of Photoshop helpful, but not required.
- 5+ years of related design experience preferred
- Apparel design degree or equivalent experience required
- Action Sports Industry
- Streetwear Market
- Youth Culture
Where you'll work:
Our new headquarters are in the thriving metropolis of Lynnwood, Washington, just North of Seattle. This is a cube-free, skateboards welcome, open environment that's designed to get people talking, debating the merits of an idea, and having fun. Even though we're the home office, you'll find a strong sales culture -- not an administrative culture -- here.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Stock Purchase Program, 401k, Product Discount
Reports to: Design Manager