Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people.” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest retail company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Director – Sales, Apparel (National and Key Accounts - Vans): Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Here at Vans, our purpose is to enable creative expression - and inspire youth culture - by celebrating and encouraging the Off the Wall attitude that comes from expressing your true self.
We are searching for an individual that stands out from the rest; one who catches our eyes with their confident demeanor and unwavering curiosity. We need someone who is a visionary with a stream of innovative ideas that will transform the action sports industry. In this role, this individual is responsible for Vans Apparel Sales Management to include Apparel and Accessories at the National and Key accounts.
He/she is responsible for US wholesale Apparel Sales merchandising and go to market strategies, working closely with NORA merchandising as well as sales counterparts. This individual will ensure that strategic initiatives are being executed at the store level. This position will establish all related standards and procedures.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Develop and implement long term growth strategies for key retail apparel partners.
- Collaborate with internal Vans and VF teams regarding key customer business trends and updates.
- Establish sales goals and performance metrics to develop key account sales team.
- Develop relationships with management team from key accounts.
- Manage monthly forecasts and projected sales for key accounts.
- Ensure retail partners maintain optimal brand representation.
- Partner with merchandising and product counterparts to address key account product needs.
Skills for Success:
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 7+
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years of field sales experience with 5 years in management role (Apparel Industry preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or college or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Action Sports background including Sales and Key Account Management
- Exhibits professionalism, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all dealings with fellow employees, guests, vendors or others with whom the company conducts business
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Computer proficiency including specific job-required applications
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of all individuals in the work place
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and other business practices, guidelines and documents
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Domestic Travel 40%
- Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
- Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 - 25 pounds as needed.