Do you have OCD when it comes to the little details? Do you truly appreciate what it takes to make a great jacket or pair of jeans that fit like a glove? Do you know the product cycle from concept to consumer like you know the smell of bacon? Do you love surrounding yourself with awesome fun people, and maybe a dog or two, every day? If yes, then we need you!
Zumiez is seeking a Product Developer to support licensing projects for our Private Label department. This position will work in collaboration with our Merchandising, Design, Development and Production teams, while being the main point of contact regarding the execution of licensed product development.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with an OCD level of attention to detail, organization, a passion for seeing a project from start to finish & a love affair with making your own AI & Excel dreams come true.
Zumiez is a fast growing awesome company, with awesome people.. This is a new position and we want you to be a leader in helping us grow this division.
If you love working on a wide variety of brands, and dream about the development process, this may be your calling!
You know how to:
- Manage product development through each aspect of tech pack/point of measurement/BOM creation, fit & development.
- Measure samples and document all measurements and styling / construction differences based off of tech pack.
- Accurately understand and interpret design concepts for materials sourcing to effectively communicate with overseas vendors.
- Effectively run a fit session with multiple attendees.
- Identify, improve, correct and relay fit and/or spec issues through written comments and illustrations to overseas factories where English is a second language.
- Create final graded specs based off each individual style’s properties
- Review patterns and comment as needed.
- Build & maintain multiple season tracking reports
You’ll need to:
- Build Tech Packs and BOMs for styles across multiple product categories.
- Maintain new proto sample log in & preparation (checking matrix, pulling and reviewing technical packages)
- Attend milestone design meetings, take notes and execute development cycle each season
- Prepare and track timely receipt of samples to our Internet division for e-shop photo-shoots, catalogue shoots, brand reference samples, marketing samples, etc.
- Track and maintain all fit/development samples.
- Review weekly TAC & Adhere to and communicate product development time lines.
- Meet established due dates based off multiple department calendars.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple graphic and apparel designers, licensor contacts, buyers, brand manager and design director.
- Execute on the designs and brand direction of 10 or more unique and separate brands.
- Lead fitting sessions 2-3 times / week.
- Manage seasonal lineplans for multiple brands.
- At least 3-5years Experience in a product development environment with a proficient knowledge of design, technical design and understanding of graphic design.
- You have a solid understanding of the production cycle and TAC’s.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook & Excel for Mac
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator CS6 / Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Solid understanding of specs, point of measurements, basic patternmaking skills and garment construction.
- Understanding of basic fabric characteristics, and ability to distinguish between knit and weave types.
- College degree or equivalent with course work in merchandising, design, technical design/patternmaking/ apparel manufacturing or related experience
- Experience working/communicating with overseas factories or agents
- Effective, Consistent, Clear Communication with an understanding of working with different types of personalities is a must!
- Ability to take initiative and identify priorities to maintain deadlines are achieved.
- Ability and willingness to work hard in a fast -paced, multi-tasking, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality styles, and employees at all levels.
- Sense of humor and fun. Bonus if you love animals, food, music and action sports.